FIRST SEMESTER - 2020 | FROM FEBRUARY 13TH TO JULY 13TH
Workload: 3 ECTS
Conceptual study of entrepreneurship, its characteristics and its function to the development of the society and organizations. Spaces and ways of acting as an entrepreneur.
- To disseminate the culture of entrepreneurship among students, encouraging them to develop their entrepreneurial skills, to pursuit opportunities and generate self-employment, giving tools to those whose vocation and/or professional desire are directed to the creation of a company or development of entrepreneurial activities within their activity;
- To demonstrate to students the importance of entrepreneurship for economic and social development;
- To encourage students to develop their characteristics of entrepreneurial profile;
- To wake students for the possibility of opening their own business;
- To introduce concepts of the Business Plan.
- 1. Entrepreneurship Concept;
- 2. Entrepreneurial Characteristics;
- 3. Importance of Entrepreneurs for Development;
- 4. Intrapreneurship;
- 5. Entrepreneurial activities as career option, and the SMEs;
- 6. Associative and social entrepreneurship;
- 7. Introduction to the Business Plan.
Workload: 6 ECTS
Study of the concepts of international marketing and analysis of the internationalization strategies of companies
- To present to the student the concepts of international marketing;
- To explore key components of the marketing mix, marketing tools, terminology, and aspects of consumer behavior needed to understand international matters and issues;
- To provide a conceptual basis for understanding strategies in the internationalization process;
- To understand how companies adjust their international strategies based on global environmental changes (eg globalization) and cultural, political, legal and economic aspects of nations;
- To build communication and teamwork skills through group project;
- 1. Concepts and approaches of international marketing;
- 2. Characteristics of the internationalization of companies;
- 3. Analysis of external environments;
- 4. Potential markets;
- 5. Identification of international opportunities and threats;
- 6. Internationalization strategies;
- 7. International marketing composite strategies;
- 8. Export consortia.
EMERGENT TOPICS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Workload: 5 ECTS
Emergent topics in Business Administration, such as social innovation, entrepreneurship, mobile payments, startups and fintechs, intercultural negotiation, environment and business, and so on. In the first class the program and contexts will be drawn, considering the expectations and know-how of the students enrolled in the course.
DESIGN, STRATEGY AND INNOVATION
Workload: 6 ECTS
Study of the strategic and critical potential of Design, its role in contemporary society and the aspects of design-driven-innovation.
The purpose of this course is to create a learning environment where the students can discuss, experience and understand the contemporary role of Design in our society, not only in business and product innovation, but in every complex decision making situations, from companies to governments, from territories to associations, from institutions to communities.
- 1. Design thinking;
- 2. Service Design;
- 3. Strategic Design;
- 4. Innovation towards products, processes and systems;
- 5. System-product;
- 6. Design and Social Innovation;
- 7. Project methodologies applied to strategic design.